If you intend to run workshops on FAIR data, or include FAIR in training that you are already running here are some ideas and resources:
- A basic checklist (or more comprehensive breakdown) as a tool for discussing the components of FAIR
- Use the FAIR data self-assessment tool in training or consultation
- Discussing the components via a process of transforming a dataset to be more FAIR
- Case studies of domain specific consideration of the principles:
- Adapt existing domain specific resources to another domain:
ANDS has many resources which reflect or crosscut the FAIR principles - click on the tiles to see the resources.
The following webinars may also be useful in developing resources:
The following sites aggregate resources, including educational materials, on FAIR related topics:
- Dutch Techcentre for Life Sciences explains the FAIR principles in detail, and lists FAIR tools and projects.
- FAIRsharing has some educational materials for Developers, Researchers/Curators, Funders and Editors/Librarians, especially for metadata standards and policies.
ANDS Skills has a wide range of other resources (posters, pamphlets, courses, links etc) that may also be of use.
- Have a look at these “10 Things” activities:
- Or join in the effort to create other “Top 10 Fair Things” for other disciplines.
There is a lot of work going on in this space. If you are aware of training resources that could be added here, please let us know.