MADA Thesis Bootcamp
MADA Thesis Writing Bootcamp
The Exegesis/Thesis Boot Camp is a two-day intensive writing workshop, designed especially for research Masters and PhD candidates at MADA who are currently in the middle to final stages of their research project.
The event is dedicated exclusively to accruing words, and designed to give you a free space to write – to help you overcome procrastination and boost your writing progress. The target is to write 10,000 words of your first draft exegesis/thesis material. It is not for editing, preparing presentations, or grant applications.
Introductory sessions will include motivational and goal-setting talks, incorporating tips for writing efficiently and well. Staff will be on hand, and catering will be provided to ensure an encouraging, distraction-free environment.
The MADA Exegesis/Thesis Boot Camp is a free event, but numbers are limited. You are eligible if you are:
- a confirmed candidate in a MADA HDR program;
- able to identify how you would benefit from an intensive two days of drafting a particular section(s) of your thesis;
- available to attend the full two days and willing to commit to the dedicated writing required; and
- previous participants are eligible to apply, however preference may be given to new participants.
Friday August 25th and Saturday 26th, 2017
All sessions will take place at the Monash Caulfield campus in C1. The program outline is as follows:
- Day 1 (Friday) 8.30am–5.30pm
- Day 2 (Saturday) 8.30am–4.30pm
Applications are now open, closing Friday 28 July.
Email a brief outline of what you aim to achieve, specifying particular goals (dot-points are fine) to: email@example.com (you may wish to discuss your goals with your supervisor first).
Successful applicants will be notified by 4 August if they have been accepted into the program.
Forget about excuses.
Apply to join other Masters and PhD candidates in what promises to be an empowering event.