Intern at the Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect, New York
The ACJC offers support for internships in ACJC areas of teaching and research – Jewish Studies, Holocaust and Genocide Studies, Israel and Middle East Studies.
Students enrolled in an Arts degree are able to gain academic credit and practical workplace experience through several work-integrated learning programs. Internships and Placements are an ideal way for the university to combine theoretical, classroom-based learning with experiential learning that prepares students for work in the real-world after the completion of their studies.
My understanding of the Holocaust was refined by my experience at the institute, and I got a small taste of what it is like to work with real, untouched history in a place which is doing tremendous work for the conservation of Jewish memory.
Bachelor of Arts (Jewish Studies)
For further information contact the WIL Team: https://www.monash.edu/arts/WIL-Internships/contact-us
Scholarships are designated for the following institutions subject to approval:
- Global Centre for Responsibility to Protect (New York)
- Anne Frank House (Amsterdam) - To be confirmed
- Commission for the Fight Against Genocide (Kigali)
- Johannesburg Holocaust and Genocide Centre (Johannesburg)
- Majdanek State Museum (Lublin, Poland)
- POLIN Museum (Warsaw)
- Documentation Center of Cambodia (Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
- International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) (Sarajevo, Bosnia)
- The Wiener Library (London)
- Centropa (Budapest and Vienna)
- Jewish Holocaust Centre (Melbourne)
- Jewish International Film Festival (Melbourne)
- Stand Up – Indigenous Partnership Program (Melbourne)
Read about scholarships for up to $4000 here.
Students must be enrolled in ATS3130 Arts International Internship or ATS3129 Arts Internship to be eligible for scholarship support. In addition, students must have completed at least 12 points of credit in Jewish Studies or Holocaust and Genocide Studies. Awards will be allocated on a competitive basis based on academic achievement and an interview. Students may be eligible for additional Monash Abroad funding.