Submission and publication process
Please send submissions as a Word document to the Editor, Yacinta Kurniasih:
To ensure the highest standards of scholarship, papers accepted for publication by IJIS will have undergone the following evaluation process:
- Initial assessment of paper’s relevance and quality by the four member IJIS Editorial Board. At this stage a paper may also be returned to an author for revision on the basis of format or expression.
- An IJIS paper is next double peer blind reviewed by suitable experts in the field to which the paper pertains.
- Based on an assessment rubric, an IJIS paper is evaluated by reviewers as either:
- Publish without revision
- Publish subject to revision
- Resubmit for additional review
- Once a paper has satisfied the peer review process, it is distributed for comment and overview from the IJIS Editorial Advisory Board (EAB) as a final quality assurance procedure.
- Finally, papers recommended for publication by IJIS’s EAB will be submitted for proofreading and general editing evaluation to ensure the journal’s standards of academic expression and referencing are maintained.
- IJIS actively screens for plagiarism using TURNITIN software; our reviewers are also encouraged to highlight text passages suspected of being plagiarised or inadequately paraphrased and to bring these to the attention of the Editorial Board.
- Potential authors please note there are no submission or processing charges imposed by IJIS.
The following academic material will be considered for publication:
- Book reviews
- Creative writing
- Opinion essays
- Review articles
- Translations (with critical exegesis)
Submissions must strictly adhere to the prescribed style guide.