Walter Mangold language scholarships
- Calling all language students! -
Walter Mangold Language Scholarships are generous travel awards offered to students of contemporary languages currently attending a university in Victoria, who are nominated and approved for an exchange or study abroad program in 2019 to continue their accredited language and cultural studies overseas for at least one semester (12 weeks’ minimum).
Tertiary students who have achieved second or third year academic proficiency in a contemporary language are eligible to apply, including: Arabic, Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, etc.
Walter Mangold Trust offer $20,000 Language Scholarships for full-time university students who are approved for an Exchange and Study Abroad language enrolments commencing in 2019 semester 2 (between 1 July and 31 December 2019).
How to apply
- Apply directly to the Walter Mangold Trustfund here
- If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- be currently resident in the state of Victoria;
- be currently enrolled in a degree award course at a tertiary institute in Victoria (that means, ideally be enrolled at the time of Application and be definitely enrolled at the time of going abroad on Exchange);
- have completed, or expect to complete, all second-year level academic requirements in a language other than English before travelling abroad (or be deemed by the home university to have reached the equivalent of second-year standard language proficiency);
- be applying through the home university (or have been already been nominated) for a full-time exchange place or study abroad program to study at an appropriate overseas tertiary institution acceptable to the Trust.
- be accepted for enrolment by the overseas destination university into a full-time study program of 3 to 12 month's duration, commencing in the period from 1 July 2019 to 31 December 2019.
To be eligible to apply for a Walter Mangold Language Scholarship you must:
Please have a read of the Guidelines, which will give you some insight into the selection criteria!