- Instamancer is a tool that can be used to collect data from Instagram. It does so by using Puppeteer's ability to intercept requests made by a webpage to an API.
- Instamancer requires Git and Node.js to be already installed on a machine, at which point Instamancer can be installed via the command line. This is possible on both Windows and macOS.
- Instamancer requires, at minimum, a basic understanding of command line interfaces to both install and execute scrapes.
- Instamancer is a free resource and can be used to scrape hashtags, users' posts, and individual posts, download images, albums, and videos and search hashtags, users, and locations.
- Instamancer is currently functional.
- Link: https://github.com/ScriptSmith/instamancer
- Excellent installation tutorial: https://medium.com/imagemachines/installing-instamancer-a-tool-for-collecting-instagram-data-e75321d1bcb7