- NodeXL is a data collection, network analysis and visualisation package for Microsoft Excel. It collects data by accessing the Twitter API.
- NodeXL needs to be downloaded and installed before it can be used, and can operate only operate on Windows, however, Mac users can subscribe to the NodeXL Pro Cloud Edition.
- NodeXL requires no prerequisite knowledge to operate and is intuitive and user friendly.
- NodeXL is paid software, offering a discount for students, alongside their professional and commercial licences.
- NodeXL can be used to import data from Twitter using one or more keywords, hashtags or user mentions. It can also be used to collect tweets from a specific user’s profile. NodeXL can visualise Twitter data (or other datasets) as social networks and be used to conduct social network analysis.
- NodeXL is currently functional.
- Link: https://www.smrfoundation.org/nodexl/