- Python Reddit API Wrapper (PRAW) is a Python module that can be used to collect data from Reddit. It does so by accessing the Reddit API.
- PRAW needs to be installed onto a machine that already has Python installed, and can operate on both Windows and macOS.
- PRAW requires, at minimum, a basic understanding of Python, and will be significantly easier to use the more familiar a user is with Python.
- PRAW is free and can be used to collect data from subreddits, including messages, along with the name of the author, the datetime, the message ID, the subject and whether the message is a comment.
- PRAW is currently functional.
- Link: https://praw.readthedocs.io/en/stable/