Terms and Conditions
Share Your Story Competition 2019
Entry is only open to Monash Business School alumni*. If you are under 18, you must get approval from your parent/guardian before you enter.*alumni are former students of Monash Business School, Monash University, who have completed their studies/degrees.
The competition starts at 9am AEST on 1/07/2019 and ends at 5pm AEST on 5/12/2019.
- Main prize $1,000 prepaid Visa gift card
- One in every 100 competition entries to win $100 prepaid Visa gift card
To enter the competition, you must, during the Competition Period:
- Complete the Alumni Profile Online Submission form at https://bit.ly/2RKHnAI
- Submit an original image of yourself (image size preferred: 1080 x 1080 pixels)
Entry is limited to one per person and multiple entries will be deemed invalid.
Selection of Winners
The main prize winner ($1,000 Visa gift card) will be selected from the valid entries by the Dean of Monash Business School through a process of choice, based on meeting all competition entry requirements. One prize winner in every 100 entries ($100 Visa gift card) will be selected at random by a member of the Monash Business School Alumni team. The draw will take place at 900 Dandenong Rd, Caulfield East VIC 3145 on Friday 6 December 2019.
Announcement of winners
Each winner will be notified by Email/SMS/Phone within 10 business days of the end of the Competition Period using the contact details provided at the time of entry.
- The promoter of the prize draw is Monash University (ABN 12 377 614 012) (Monash).
- Information on how to enter this competition and prize details published by Monash form part of these terms and conditions of entry (Terms).
- All entrants agree to the Terms upon submitting their entry.
- Entries must be received during the Competition Period. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility will be taken by Monash for lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Monash reserves the right to: a) cancel, terminate, delay, modify or suspend the prize draw at any time; b) withdraw the invitation to participate from any person, including where that person incorrectly receives an invitational email; and c) amend or vary these Terms during the Competition Period.
- The winner(s) will be chosen as outlined in the above details.
- Prizes must be taken as offered and are not redeemable for cash or an alternative prize. Prizes are not transferable.
- Monash reserves the right to disqualify any entry or entrants at its discretion at any time. Monash’s decision on all aspects relating to this competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Monash may request further information from the prize winner to confirm the prize winner’s entry is eligible and complies with these Terms. This may include, for example, requesting proof of identity.
- By entering, entrants:
- confirm that any content they submit is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of third parties;
- grant Monash a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive licence (with the right to sub-licence) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, communicate with the public and otherwise exploit the submission content in any media for any purpose (including to advertise or promote any of Monash’s products or services);
- consent to any act or omission by Monash that would otherwise infringe any moral rights that may subsist in the entry; and
- agree to the use of the entry (in whole, edited or altered form) and the entrant’s name for the purpose of promoting any aspect of this competition, Monash and any of Monash’s products or services in any media worldwide; and
- agree to sign any further documentation required by Monash to give effect to this clause.
- The image or text submitted must not contain or include:
- any explicit material such as harsh/coarse/abusive language, alcohol, drugs, sex, nudity or violence;
- any material which might infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of third parties;
- the name, image, likeness or voice of any person (including the entrant), unless that person (and, if any other person is under 18 years of age, their parent or guardian) has signed the Consent Form as outlined in clause 12
- If an image or video contains an identifiable image or footage of a person (excluding a crowd/group image where many faces, can be seen, but not specially identified), you must obtain that person’s consent via the relevant Consent Form and submit a scanned copy along with the entry - download the Consent Form (PDF, 0.19 MB). We reserve the right to request another image if deemed appropriate.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure they are readily contactable through the information provided at the time of entry.
- If a winner does not respond to claim the prize within five (5) working days of Monash attempting to contact the winner, the winner forfeits the prize. If this occurs, Monash may conduct a re-draw and offer the prize to other entrants until a valid winner has been contacted. The newly drawn winner will be contacted using the contact details provided at the time of entry.
- Unless otherwise agreed, Monash will send the prize via post to an Australian address nominated by the winner. Postage of a prize will involve delivery to you by a third party service provider. You accept that Monash will not be liable for any loss or damage to the prize that occurs whilst in the possession of the service provider. For any International addresses nominated, a prize of equal monetary value will be awarded and delivered to the corresponding country.
- Monash accepts no responsibility and shall not be held legally liable or responsible for any accident, loss, injury or damage to any individual or property whether direct or indirect, whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the competition or the prize, either during or after the competition.
- Without limiting clause 16, Monash makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, Monash is not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by Monash or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply of goods and services by any person to the prize winner, and where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of Monash or its employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.