Tax Law Research Group
The Tax Law Research Group (TLRG) focuses on collaborative, qualitative and qualitative research across the taxation arena ranging from corporate and income taxation to energy and mineral resources taxation, taxation sanctions, international taxation and goods and services taxation.
Our aim is to develop cross-disciplinary projects to undertake research on taxation law and policies that are impactful and accessible for the general public, the profession, the academic community, law enforcement and law-makers communities. We employ a number of mechanisms to achieve this including:
- Working with a range of partners, such as business groups, government agencies, professional services firms and other academic institutions
- Delivery of conferences, seminars and workshops for researchers and the wider public
- Publishing research in journals, books, working papers and in the media
- Providing a platform for obtaining competitive research grants and industry support for research;
- Recruiting quality domestic and international graduate research students who can contribute to our research initiatives