Fellowship and affiliation guidelines
We are revising and retitling the different forms of affiliations to the CDES.
The current title of "Members" of the CDES will be updated to "CDES Fellows". Similarly, the current title of "Student Members" will be updated to "CDES Student Fellows". The title of "CDES Affiliates" will remain the same.
The CDES Fellows are expected to actively participate in CDES projects and activities. While CDES will benefit from collaborating with Fellows, we offer an excellent platform to prospective Fellows for research communication, external grant application, and participation in many research-related events.
Fellowship of the CDES is open to all staff at Monash Business School on a voluntary basis.
To become a Fellow, you need to enrol via the CDES website. Your submission will be reviewed and the outcome communicated to you within a week.
CDES fellowship entitles you to certain privileges, including but not limited to the following:
- You will be eligible to apply for any research grants offered by the CDES;
- You will be eligible to apply for financial or other support for any visitors to Monash University who you may like to nominate;
- Your profile and research could be highlighted on the CDES website;
- You will have access to CDES support in seeking external funding for your research work so long as it falls within the thematic mandate of the CDES;
- You will be eligible to indicate fellowship of the CDES on your business card, as part of your email signature and in your online bio / CV.
By enrolling as a CDES Fellow, you agree that:
- You write your affiliation to CDES in your research paper/publication as an additional affiliation (similar to researchers writing their affiliation to NBER, IZA, CEPR, IPA, J-PAL, etc.)
- Your research output (within the thematic areas of the CDES) will be reported by Monash Business School as part of its reporting obligations. This will have no bearing on your research output being reported through your respective Departments or Centres;
- Your profile and research (within the thematic areas of the CDES) can be showcased on the CDES website, subject to your prior approval; and
- Where possible, you will engage in, and contribute to, events and activities organised by the CDES.
There is no term limit on CDES fellowship. You continue to be a member as long as you contribute to the centre’s activities, and remain a staff member at Monash Business School, unless you withdraw your fellowship in writing. If you were to leave Monash University, you may continue to be associated with the CDES as an Affiliate.
CDES Student Fellows
Student Fellows are those who are enrolled in a degree or work as a teaching associate at Monash University. They can come from a range of faculties and disciplines both within and outside of Monash Business School. Student Fellows are entitled to several of the same benefits as the Fellow.
CDES Affiliates are associates of the CDES who come from institutions and entities outside of the Monash Business School, whether that be from elsewhere at Monash University or from outside Monash University. CDES Affiliates enjoy several of the privileges of Fellows and will be eligible to apply for such grants or support from the CDES as are announced to be explicitly open to Affiliates.