Digital Economy Research Network (DERN)
The ubiquitous presence of big data and the digitisation of information present enormous opportunities as well as challenges to businesses, consumers, and policy makers. The Digital Economy Research Network (DERN) brings together experts from various departments in Monash Business School and other world-renowned research institutes to conduct cutting-edge research on digital economy with academic rigour and industry relevance.
- Dynamic pricing and the strategic implications of big data for businesses
- Regulation on the collection and use of consumer information by businesses
- Online privacy and consumer empowerment
- Competition and regulation in retail industry in the age of digital economy
- Vertical restraints imposed by large digital platforms on users
- Online consumer search, targeting and search advertising