Student-led diversity and inclusion initiatives
Got a bright idea for a project or initiative that celebrates diversity and inclusion? Your idea could be launched during the University's 2019 Diversity and Inclusion Week with funding to get your ideas up and running as well as planning support from Monash Business School staff.
EOIs from individuals or teams of students up to the value of $2,000 will be considered. Eligibility details and proposal assessment criteria are detailed below.
Why get involved?
This is a fantastic opportunity for students that are passionate about diversity and inclusion to make a positive difference at Monash by demonstrating leadership and project implementation skills, while gaining a deeper understanding of the issues that impact our diverse community.
Who can apply?
All Monash Business School students enrolled in a course in 2019 on the Caulfield, Clayton, Peninsula and CBD campuses are eligible to submit proposals.
Applications will be considered from individuals and teams of students. Where a team application is submitted, a minimum fifty percent of team members must be a currently enrolled Monash Business School student. Students may be enrolled in a single or double degree.
Events across all campuses are encouraged.
Proposals must address one or more of the following Monash University diversity and inclusion priority areas:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff and students
- Students from low socio-economic backgrounds
- Gender equality and gender equity
- Staff and students of diverse gender identities, sexes and sexualities
- Staff and students of cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Staff and students with disability, ongoing medical or mental health condition.
Proposed projects must clearly address the following assessment criteria:
- Focused on one or more of the above diversity and inclusion priority areas;
- Consistent with the goals and objectives of the University’s Diversity and Inclusion Framework;
- Outline the aims of the project;
- Clearly identify a target audience and campus for delivery;
- Detail how the funding requested will be used to deliver the project.
What kind of projects are suitable?
Projects can be anything from an event to be run on a Monash campus during D&I week, an educational campaign, a t-shirt or even an app! We're looking for bright ideas that make a positive difference to diversity and inclusion at Monash.
Applications close Friday 29 March 2019 so get your thinking caps on and be part of this great opportunity.
Ms Katherine Mitchell
Faculty of Business and Economics
Phone: 9903 2625