Exam performance and feedback
Taking the time to reflect on your exam performance can make a huge difference to how you approach future assessment. This process of self‐assessment can enable you to evaluate your own work, and to identify the areas in which you may need to improve. Feedback on your performance in exams is provided in three stages at Monash Business School:
- Stage 1
Exam Summary Feedback - available on your Moodle site once official results are released.
- Stage 2
View your exam script - apply to view your examination script for more detailed feedback
- Stage 3
If - after completing the first two stages (viewed the exam summary feedback and your exam script) - you’d still like to know more about your performance, you may submit a written request for further feedback from your Chief Examiner
Want to know more about it? Read the full Examination Feedback Procedure for Monash Business School.
Main Semester 1, 2019 exam script viewing
Exam viewing sessions for the main semester 1, 2019 exam scripts will take place at the start of Semester 2, 2019. The online application form will open on 15 July 2019 and close 5pm on Friday 19 July 2019.
CLAYTON BASED UNITS
Banquet Room West, Level 1 Campus centre , 21 Chancellors Walk, Clayton campus
- 12pm to 2pm on Tuesday 30 July 2019
- 4pm to 6pm on Wednesday 31 July 2019
CAULFIELD BASED UNITS
HB39, Basement level Building H, Caulfield campus
- 12pm to 2pm on Thursday 1 August 2019
- 4pm to 6pm on Friday 2 August 2019
PENINSULA BASED UNITS
D313, Monash Buisnsess School Student Services counter
- 10am to 3pm on Wednesday 31 July 2019
Attending an Examination Viewing session
- Exam viewing is solely for the purpose of reviewing your exam performance
- You must show your student ID card to enter
- Only the students viewing their transcript will be allowed in the viewing session
- You can only view your own exam
- Your viewing will be supervised
- You can’t photocopy, mark or alter the transcript in any way
- Supervising staff can’t discuss your exam or marks with you
- You can’t have any pens, pencils, mobile phones (or similar digital devices) on your person during the exam viewing - which also means you are not allowed to take notes during the session
- The only permitted calculator is the HP10bll+ or the Casio FX82 (any suffix)
- You may be denied access to your transcript if the final exam was short answer or multiple choice questions
- Exam transcripts are usually destroyed six months after the unit results are released
Looking for more feedback?
You can submit a request to the Chief Examiner for further feedback (after viewing your exam and reading the exam summary feedback). Your request should include an explanation of the reason you are seeking further feedback - such as a chance to understand how you could have expanded a response.
It's important to note that where your request is assessed as non-specific or lacking in substance, the Chief Examiner (or nominee) may refer you back the Exam Summary Feedback - provided on Moodle following the release of results.
NOTE: You need to be logged into your Monash University student account to access the form.
Tell us about your experience
We are always looking to improve, so let us know how you found your exam viewing experience.
Please note this is NOT the request for feedback FROM the Chief Examiner.