Each academic unit has appointed a member of academic staff to take special responsibility for the affairs of its graduate research students.
|Accounting||Professor Vic Naiker||+61 3 9903 2388|
|Banking and Finance||Dr Hue Hwa Au Yong||+61 3 9903 2024|
|Business Law and Taxation||Dr Shelley Marshall||+61 3 9903 1422|
|Econometrics and Business Statistics||Prof Gael Martin||+61 3 9905 1189|
|Economics||Professor Pushkar Maitra||+61 3 9905 5832|
|Management||Associate Professor Danya Simpson||+61 3 9903 2674|
|Marketing||Associate Professor Jan Brace-Govan||+61 3 9903 2491|
|Centre for Health Economics||Professor Anthony Harris||+61 3 9905 8380|
|Business School, Monash University Malaysia||Associate Professor Motoki Watabe||+60 3 5514 445|
They'll make sure you're familiar with:
- the University Statutes and Regulations, Code of Practice, and Intellectual Property set out in the Doctoral Information Handbook
- the faculty's approach for dealing with grievances
- health and safety rules (and any other procedures that might be relevant to you)
- the University Guidelines for research, including the location and storage of original data and certifications needed for research publication.
They're also responsible for:
- organising induction programs
- resolving issues between students and supervisors
- tracking student progress (especially during the late stages of thesis writing)
- arranging for students to give a departmental seminar
- setting up a supervisory committee for supervisors who need extra support
- encouraging students to get involved with events held by their department
- assisting the Head of their department with scholarship applications and preparing students for their annual review.
Research Degrees Committee
The committee handles the policy and program management and administration for research degrees across the faculty.
To raise an issue at their next meeting, email your student representative.
Monash Postgraduate Association (MPA)
Run by graduates for graduates, the Monash Postgraduate Association supports students across our Victorian campuses. You can go to them for advice and advocacy about your coursework, research – and everything else that comes with being a uni student.
Our campuses have spaces where you can study, catch up with friends, and make something to eat.