Each academic unit has appointed a member of academic staff to take special responsibility for the affairs of its graduate research students.
|Accounting||Professor Vic Naiker||+61 3 9903 2388|
|Banking and Finance||Dr Hue Hwa Au Yong||+61 3 9903 2024|
|Business Law and Taxation||Dr Shelley Marshall||+61 3 9903 1422|
|Econometrics and Business Statistics||Prof Gael Martin||+61 3 9905 1189|
|Economics||Professor Pushkar Maitra||+61 3 9905 5832|
|Management||Associate Professor Daniel Prajogo||+61 3 9903 2030|
|Marketing||Associate Professor Jan Brace-Govan||+61 3 9903 2491|
|Centre for Health Economics||Professor Anthony Harris||+61 3 9905 8380|
|Business School, Monash University Malaysia||Associate Professor Motoki Watabe||+60 3 5514 445|
They have responsibility for assuring that:
- Students and their supervisors are aware of the University Statutes and Regulations and their interpretation relating to their research degree, the Code of Practice for the supervision of research students, and other matters such as the ownership of Intellectual Property, as set out in the Doctoral Information Handbook
- Students are aware of the departmental rules relating to occupational health and safety matters, and other procedures that may be specific to different departments
- Students are aware of the University Guidelines for the conduct of research, including the location and storage of original data and the necessary certifications now required to accompany publications arising from their research
- Students are aware of the faculty procedures for dealing with grievances.
Other duties may also include:
- Organising an appropriate induction program
- Resolving any problems that may arise during candidature through both joint and/or separate meetings with student and supervisors
- Provision of assistance to the Head in relation to the preparation of the student's annual review by meeting with the student, reviewing progress, examining work books and discussing any difficulties that may have arisen during the past twelve months
- Arranging for all students to give a departmental seminar
- Collaborating with the student and supervisor to set up a small supervisory committee, if a student's supervisor has heavy supervisory responsibilities (or in other cases where this may be appropriate)
- Promoting participation of postgraduate research students in the full life of the department
- Monitoring progress, especially in late stages of candidature and writing-up, particularly where protracted candidature is evident or imminent
- Taking responsibility for the monitoring of supervisory practice throughout the department
- Assisting in other duties, as directed by the Head, including for example, the ranking of applications for APA/MGS scholarships.
Research Degrees Committee
The Faculty Research Degrees Committee deals with research degrees policy and program management and administration across the faculty. The membership of this committee includes one elected research student representative, currently this is Miss Elnaz Mohabbattalab. Please contact her by email should you wish to raise an issue at the next meeting of the Research Degrees Committee.
- Monash Postgraduate Association - The Monash Postgraduate Association Inc. (MPA) is the representative body for all research and coursework postgraduate students enrolled through Monash University's Victorian campuses. The aim of MPA is to serve the interests and welfare of postgraduates by directing activities and projects towards their specific needs
- Graduate Spaces - There are a number of facilities dedicated to graduate students across our Clayton, Caulfield and Peninsula campuses.