Industry consulting projects
Getting involved in an industry consulting project is a great way to give your studies a practical focus, while earning credit at the same time.
Industry consulting projects involve teams of up to 5 students from various business degree specialisations working with industry partners to solve real business problems which mirrors the kind of work graduates would be doing as business consultants in their professional careers. Projects are diverse and may include:
- Financial tasks such as analysing resourcing, funding, risk, compliance and governance, tax management and business law
- Marketing, both internal and external, business development, strategic planning and communications
- Relationship building with your host organisation and external suppliers and contacts
- Human resources and people management, drafting of policies and OH&S
- Researching, gathering data and making recommendations and presentations to the host organisation
Students work directly with each organisation and are supported by an academic supervisor to complete their project.
Consulting project units run in all semesters throughout the year however we encourage you to apply for Semester 2 2020 as they will not run in Winter 2020.
Consulting project examples
While projects change every semester, please see below some examples of projects students have completed in the past.
Have questions about the consulting projects process? Read the FAQ and submit an application.