Monash Indonesia Representative Office - Jakarta: Research and Business Internship
- Organisation: Monash Indonesia Representative Office (MIRO)
- Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Number of places available: 1
- Relevant disciplines: General Business/International Business
- Position: Research and Business Intern
- Starting date: Winter
- Duration: 4 weeks
About the organisation
Monash Indonesia Representative Office (MIRO) is a Monash-only initiative and our first international representative office. We chose Indonesia as it is one of our most important and valued partners. We are proud of our long history of engagement with Indonesia and trust that MIRO will enable us to build on this. The office signifies our increased commitment to strengthening and deepening engagement. Our commitment is long-term and aimed at sustainable bilateral partnerships that result in positive, mutually beneficial impact.
MIRO’s focus is research collaboration, alumni enrichment, collaborative partnerships, and industry and government linkages. MIRO supports a range of activities across diverse disciplines of Monash. Initial areas of focus include health, rail technology, food and education.
Since opening in 2016, MIRO has helped Monash achieve increased bilateral collaboration and new and exciting projects across education and research agendas.
About the role
The duties of the intern will be tailored to their discipline, however, some example duties include:
- Support general daily business of MIRO
- Investigation of foreign investments in Indonesia – Education sector
- Identify potential mobility and internship for Monash students through partnerships
- Research regulations for incoming researchers
- Co-develop a specific project related to intern discipline to support objectives of MIRO.
- Undergraduate students may apply
- Indonesian language skills desirable, but not essential