Student-led diversity and inclusion initiatives
Got a bright idea for an initiative or online event that celebrates diversity and inclusion?
Your idea could be launched during the University's 2020 Diversity and Inclusion Week with funding to get your ideas up and running as well as planning support from Monash Business School staff.
EOIs from individuals or teams of students will be considered. Eligibility details and proposal assessment criteria are detailed below.
Why get involved?
This is a fantastic opportunity for students that are passionate about diversity and inclusion to make a positive difference at Monash by demonstrating leadership and project implementation skills, while gaining a deeper understanding of the issues that impact our diverse community.
Who can apply?
All Monash Business School students enrolled in a course in 2020 are eligible to submit proposals.
Applications will be considered from individuals and teams of students. Students may be enrolled in a single degree, double degree, or graduate research degree.
Proposals must address one or more of the following Monash University diversity and inclusion priority areas:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff and students
- Students from low socio-economic backgrounds
- Gender equality and gender equity
- Staff and students of diverse gender identities, sexes and sexualities
- Staff and students of cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Staff and students with disability, ongoing medical or mental health condition; or
- another facet of diversity and inclusion not listed above.
Proposed projects must address the following assessment criteria:
- Focused on one or more of the above diversity and inclusion priority areas;
- Consistent with the goals and objectives of the University's Diversity and Inclusion Framework;
- Outline the aims of the project;
- Clearly identify a target audience;
- Detail how the funding requested will be used to deliver the project.
What kind of ideas are suitable?
Ideas can be anything from an event to be held during D&I week, an educational campaign, a t-shirt or even an app! We're looking for bright ideas that make a positive difference to diversity and inclusion at Monash.
Applications for online events close on Friday 31 July 2020 so get your thinking caps on and take part in this great opportunity.
If your proposal falls outside of these timelines please get in touch as we will continue to consider new ideas.
Faculty of Business and Economics
Phone: 9903 2625