Graduate WIL industry placement
There are three sets of BEX units covering industry placements:
|Unit||Duration||Credit points||Work arrangements|
|BEX5001||20 days||6 credit points||2 days per week over 10 weeks|
|BEX5012||30 days||12 credit points||3 days per week over 10 weeks|
Students have two options in sourcing a placement. Students may find their own placement or they may apply to Monash to find a placement for them. Placements may be local, interstate or overseas. Please note that the WIL program is highly competitive and there is no guarantee that every student submitting an application will be successful.
- Career Direction Video (30%) – before starting placement (discussed in the Faculty induction Moodle video)
- Reflective Report (60%) – at end of semester on completion of placement
- Digital Roadmap Poster (10%) – at end of semester on completion of placement
*Note that all students enrolled in an industry placement are required to attend a virtual induction session (in O-week or week 1 of semester).
Students are required to make a formal application to undertake these units. All students should supply the following information during the application process:
- Contribution expected to be made to the organisation
- Expected gains for the student from undertaking the placement or project
- How the placement relates to the student’s degree or major discipline area
Students finding their own placement will also need to supply the following information:
- The placement role
- Company details (name, location etc.)
- Supervisor details (name, contact information). If overseas, this needs to an English-speaker
- Starting and finishing dates
Where students find their own placement, it should be in a business-related role, preferably in the student’s major discipline area. Student-sourced placements are assessed and approved by the academic coordinators to ensure they meet unit requirements.
- Jacqueline O'Toole
Ph: 9903 1504