Lynxx study assistance 2019
The Lynxx study assistance award will be for a student studying a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) in 2019, having completed:
- ETC3250: Business analytics
and at least two of the following subjects:
- ETC3550: Applied forecasting for business and economics
- ETC3555: Statistical machine learning
- ETC3580: Advanced statistical modelling
- ETF3500: High dimensional data analysis
- FIT3003: Business intelligence and data warehousing
- FIT3154: Advanced data analysis
- FIT3179: Data visualisation
The award committee will comprise:
- Di Cook (Director of Business Analytics)
- Xueyan Zhao (EBS Honours Coordinator)
- Matt McInnes (Lynxx Australia)
The successful student will be awarded a e5000 stipend (approximately A$8000), plus a 3 month internship with Lynxx to begin after the student has completed all exams. The internship can be based in either Melbourne or Sydney, and will be supervised by Lynxx staff. The student will be paid a weekly stipend of $250 per week during the internship.
A student may be awarded a combination of the Lynxx study award and the Econometrics Honours Memorial Scholarship.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name and Monash student ID
- Brief résumé including any relevant open source or open data activities, and any analytics training undertaken outside Monash University
- Brief statement about career objectives after honours
- A 500 word essay on the topic ‘The power of open data and open source software for transforming our world’.
The selection will be based on these application components, as well as academic achievement in the subjects listed above.