In the media
Simon Angus and Paul Raschky (together with Klaus Ackermann from Econometrics) have been interviewed/featured by a number of national and international news outlets regarding their work on Internet pressure during the COVID-19 pandemic. Coverage includes:
Coverage was picked up by AAP and syndicated to 122 outlets nationally. This includes:
Paul Raschky was also interviewed by ABC News Radio Melbourne and SBS evening news
- Sascha O. Becker talked about the enduring effects of the communist experience in
Germany on “A Correction Podcast” (14 May 2020).
- He also co-authored a newspaper article with L Mergele and L Woessmann for the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung on the 30th of March: “Es liegt nicht alles am Sozialismus: Der Graben zwischen Ost und West ist älter als die DDR“
- Mita Bhattacharya was interviewed by the Australian Newspaper (3 May, 2020) and Bloomberg (13 May, 2020). Her research on the Australian energy market during the COVID-19 pandemic was mentioned in these two outlets.
- Ross Booth took part in a live interview on 26 May with TV station CGTN Beijing on the effect of COVID-19 on Sport.
- Gaurav Datt wrote "Containing COVID-19 in Bangladesh" (with Asad Islam and Sisira Jayasuriya) on East Asia Forum (28 April 2020).
- "Financing of fiscal response to Covid-19: A red herring?" (with Ayushi Bajaj), Ideas for India (12 April 2020).
- Isaac Goss was interviewed by The New Daily on the coronavirus technical recession.
- Gennadi Kazakevitch was interviewed by Sarah Basford for her article on Jobseeker's Mandatory Requirements, on the Lifehacker Australia. Watch the interview here.
- SBS featured Vinod Mishra’s interview about the new economic recovery package announced by PM Scott Morrison.
- SBS News story also interviewed Vinod Mishra about the possible scenarios of Economic recovery in post-COVID-19 Australia.
- Vinod Mishra, Ayushi Bajaj, Gaurav Datt, Lata Gangadharan, Asad Islam, Sisira Jayasuriya, Jaai Parasnis and Ranjan Ray wrote the article “Nine Concerns About the Centre's 1.7 Lakh Crore Package" in The Wire making some policy recommendations to the Indian government's efforts to deal with the COVIDー19 pandemic.
- Matthew Olckers published his article “Can friendship networks help pinpoint those most in need?” in Monash Impact.
- Ranjan Ray was featured in The Wire and East Asia Forum.