- Dr. Khalid Ahmed from IBA University, Sukkur, Pakistan visited between 10-23 July. His visit was sponsored by the Higher Education Commission in Pakistan. Host staff member was Mita Bhattacharya. Mita and Khalid have initiated a project on “Disaggregated transport sector and industrial production in Pakistan: Problems and prospects.”
- Nicolas Carayol and Pascale Roux from the University of Bordeaux, France, have spent two months at Monash as visiting scholars. They were invited by Yves Zenou.
The department hosted a visit from Professor Catherine Eckel of Texas A&M University. She gave two presentations to the department:
- A Brown Bag Lunch Seminar entitled “Asymmetric Information Undermines Coasian bargaining in Common (Oil) Pool Resources”.
- A Department Seminar entitled: “Gender Differences: What have we learned from 25 years of experimental research”.
Visiting scholar Bruce Weinberg came to Monash for a week in July.
- Why did you come to Monash this time and how long did you stay?
I was at Monash for a week during a swing through Australia.
- Who invited you?
Christis Tombazos hosted me. Christis graduated from Ohio State, where I teach, around the time that I arrived at Ohio State.
- What did you do?
I spent a long week split between the Clayton and Caulfield campuses, seeing old friends and meeting exciting new people in Economics. I also presented a paper studying when in their careers researchers do their most important work.
- What did you think of your stay?
I had a wonderful stay, just like the last time I visited, and I look forward to coming back in the future!