With the start of the year, there have been some staff changes within the Department. Congratulations to those who are taking on new roles and a big thank you to all of you stepping aside for your dedication and hard work.
- Monash Business School Head, Professor Simon Wilkie has appointed Associate Professor Vinod Mishra as an additional Deputy Head of Department. He will also retain his role as Director of Education, as well as take on more responsibility, both within education and more generally as required.
- Professor Philip Grossman will also continue as a Deputy Head of Department in his current role and responsibilities, which are focused on research and strategic planning, including the upcoming external review process.
- Professor Mark Crosby is the new coordinator of the Economics component of the Master of Applied Economics and Econometrics, replacing Senior Lecturer, Dr Mita Bhattacharya who served for five years. His focus will mainly be on engagement.
- Senior Lecturer Dr Jaai Parasnis has been appointed as the new Director of Learning and Teaching (LTC). She replaces Associate Professor Simon Angus who was the inaugural LTC Director. LTC initially started off as IQEG and then became Learning and Teaching to align with Faculty LTC.
- Associate Professor Xiaojian Zhao is the new Director of Monash Laboratory for Experimental Economics. He replaces Professor Erte Xiao.
- Dr George Rivers is the new Impact Director for the Department.
- Postdoctoral fellow in Network Economics, Dr Matthew Olckers is moving to a research fellowship in the computer science department at UNSW to work with Toby Walsh on AI research. His new email address is: email@example.com