24th Melbourne Money and Finance Conference 2019
- 22 July 2019 at 9:00 am – 23 July 2019 at 5:00 pm
- Brighton Savoy, 150 Esplanade, Brighton VIC 3186
- Register here:
- Banking and Finance
The Hayne Royal Commission: Implications for the Australian Financial Sector
The Melbourne Money and Finance Conference (MMFC) has been conducted since the late 1980s. This unique conference series brings together invited academics, industry participants and regulators under the Chatham House rule to discuss specially prepared and selected papers on emerging matters of significance in the finance sector. The Australian Centre for Financial Studies (ACFS – now a part of Monash Business School) has been hosting the conference since the Centre was established in 2005.
The Conference is by invitation and limited to 70-80 attendees (room capacity). The invitation is premised on the expectation that attendees will actively participate in the discussion and interaction over the full day and a half program of the conference, which brings together leading thinkers from across the finance sector.
The past success of these conferences reflects: the quality of papers presented; discussion among conference participants (under Chatham House rules); and the networking and camaraderie amongst participants.
This year should be just as successful and well worth attending. Each of the presented papers is allocated 45 minutes, with 15 minutes for presenter, 5 minutes for lead discussant and 25 minutes for general discussion. Attendees are assumed to have read ALL the papers (each of maximum 3,000 words) prior to the conference. Discussants will be chosen from the list of attendees closer to the event.
The conference is generously sponsored by APRA and RBA.
- Dates: 22 to 23 July 2019 commencing 8.30am for registration and arrival coffee/tea
(1.5 days includes Dinner Monday night with Ranjit Singh. For catering purposes please advise of any dietary requirements)
- Venue: Brighton Savoy Conference Centre, 150 Esplanade (cnr Wellington Street) Brighton, Victoria (Venue has limited parking, train station nearby)
- Conference fee: $770pp including GST (excludes academics)
- Accommodation (if required) – 21 and 22 July 2019 night, $205 per night (booked and managed by ACFS)
- Registration deadline: Friday 14 June 2019
- ACADEMICS – Please note the Conference registration is free of charge, but we hope your Universities will be able to support your associated travel and accommodation costs where applicable. If financial support is needed please contact ACFS.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
Please be advised that seats are strictly limited and by invitation only. If no response/registration is received by the above deadline, it will be presumed that you are unable to attend and invitation will be extended to others.
If you are unable to attend but have a colleague who you think would be a good participant and would like us to invite, please contact us first prior to forwarding this invitation (to ensure capacity).
If you have registered but then are unable to attend, please inform ACFS as soon as possible at email@example.com. Refunds after Friday 12 July 2019 will not be possible once the number is confirmed with Venue.
We look forward to hearing from you and hosting you (if attending) at the event in July.