Leaders panel: Healthcare - informed choice for consumers
- 9 October 2019 at 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- NAB -The Hall, 700 Bourke Street, Docklands
- Register here:
When it comes to making complex health decisions, it is not uncommon for patients to rely on hearsay and then just ‘hope for the best’. Too often healthcare lacks transparency.
But why? Is health really different to other services we use? Shouldn’t patients – with the assistance of their GPs – be properly informed as to both the true cost and quality of specialist services required by them?
The use of available data, rigorously analysed, could bring about a fundamental change in the concept of informed choice in healthcare.
But while a national medical register would ideally provide a means to make the healthcare market more transparent, how do we balance this with professional privacy?
Monash Business School presents a special Healthcare Leaders panel featuring:
- Sue Williams, former CEO, Peninsula Health and incoming CEO, Cabrini Australia
- Sylvia Falzon, Chair, Cabrini Board of Directors
- John McNeil, Sir John Monash Distinguished Professor, Epidemiology and Preventative Medicine Alfred Hospital
- Dr Rachel David, CEO, Private Healthcare Australia.
The panel will be chaired by Graeme Samuel AC, a Professorial Fellow in Monash University’s Business School and School of Public Health and Preventative Medicine.
Monash Business School’s Leaders Panels bring together prominent industry leaders to debate and discuss critical issues affecting business and society.