Monash macrofinance workshop
- 27 February 2020 at 9:00 am – 28 February 2020 at 5:00 pm
- Monash Conference Centre, 30 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
- Banking and Finance; Econometrics & Business Statistics
The Monash Macrofinance Workshop brings together policy practitioners and academic researchers who work at the intersection of financial economics and macroeconomics. This is the third edition of the workshop following the 1st and 2nd edition in 2016 and 2017.
The keynote speech will be delivered by Professor Shang-Jin Wei, the N.T. Wang Professor of Chinese Business and Economy and Professor of Finance and Economics at Columbia University's Graduate School of Business and School of International and Public Affairs.
In addition, the workshop features a particularly rich group of international speakers from policy institutions and universities, including:
- Christiane Baumeister, University of Notre Dame
- Tino Berger, University of Göttingen
- Alexander Chudik, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Jose Dorich, Bank of Canada
- Gianni La Cava, Reserve Bank of Australia
- Matteo Luciani, US Federal Reserve Board
- Murat Ozbilgin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand
- Giorgio Valente, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research
The workshop is kindly sponsored by the Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics at the Monash Business School and the Australian Research Council (DE170100713 and DP190100202), with additional support from the Department of Banking and Finance, Monash Business School.
Download the program for your information.