Seminar: Increased regulation of litigation funding
- 9 April 2018 at 2:00 pm – 9 April 2018 at 5:00 pm
- Owen Dixon Commonwealth Law Courts building, 305 William Street, Melbourne
- Business Law and Taxation
Increased regulation of litigation funding - a timely crackdown or a regulatory solution in search of a problem?
Both the Victorian Law Reform Commission and the Australian Law Reform Commission are currently enquiring into the issue of regulation of litigation funding in class actions and other proceedings. The keynote speakers and the panel members will discuss the pros and cons of regulation and the issues to be considered with reference to both overseas and Australian experience.
The seminar will be followed by refreshments.
The Honourable Bernard Michael Murphy
Judge of the Federal Court of Australia.
- Professor Deborah Hensler, John W Ford Professor of Dispute Resolution at Stanford Law School, Stanford, California.
- Justice Sarah Derrington, President of the Australian Law Reform Commission and Judge of the Federal Court of Australia.
- Andrew Watson, Maurice Blackburn Lawyers
- Jason Betts, Herbert Smith Freehills Lawyers
- Hugh McLernon, Bentham IMF Litigation Funding
- Susan Dunn, Harbour Litigation Funding
- Professor Vicki Waye, University of South Australia.