Advanced Negotiation Skills
Claiming and creating value in commercial environments
The negotiation environment has become increasingly complex. Today’s professionals need more than just the basics. They need knowledge and skills to confront the challenges of an increasingly complex world.
Our highly practical Advanced Negotiation Skills program will deliver you an advantage during any commercial negotiation, including with government and procurement.
Learn to prepare and implement complex negotiation strategy. Avoid common negotiation mistakes, deflect competitive strategies intended to unhinge you, and increase your claim in competitive negotiations. Understand why dropping your price is not always advantageous, and how identifying the value drivers of each party is time well spent.
Increase win-rates and profitability of your deals
Drawing from the most recent, evidence-based research and practice, the program introduces cutting-edge concepts and strategies to help prepare for and implement complex negotiations, and structure viable deals that maximise outcomes. Not only will you discover the secrets of how great deals are done, but understand why and how to apply that knowledge to your unique challenges.
This highly practical and applied program will help you gain advantage during any type of negotiation, including negotiating face-to-face, remotely, or with procurement.
In this two day interactive workshops you will practice, prove and apply your skills in a supportive environment.
- Learn from acknowledged negotiation experts
- Navigate a series of negotiation simulations to test and benchmark your skills
- Use case studies of strategies that work in real world negotiating
- Experience group learning with like-minded industry professionals
- Workshop your current negotiation challenges to create action plans for success
- Practice skills with like-minded professionals
Day 1 – Claiming and Creating Value in Deals
- Claiming and Creating Value in Deals – Theory and Practice
- The Fundamentals of Competitive Negotiations – Strategies for Success
- Claiming and Creating Value in Complex, Multi-issue Negotiations
Day 2 - Practical Implementation
- Succeeding in Complex Negotiations
- Practice Forum – Learning from Australian Cases
- Explore a range of complex negotiations in the Australian context
- Live Consulting – Workshop your Negotiation Challenges
Professor Anne Lytle
Program Co-director, Monash Business School
Chris Leptos, AM
Please contact us for information on further dates.
Monash Business School
- Standard full price: $3,995 incl GST
We are responsive to the needs of our clients. All our executive education programs can be tailored for custom or consortium delivery. Talk to us about how we can provide your organisation with a tailored in-house Advanced Negotiation Skills workshop.