Overview and background
Monash Business School is committed to supporting executives in advancing their professional careers. We are delighted to offer the Global Executive MBA Leadership scholarship, which is awarded to encourage and support Australian professional executives in their pursuit of an Executive MBA.
The scholarship may be awarded to up to five (5) Global Executive MBA successful applicants per cohort; each scholarship is valued at up to $25,000.
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must be:
- An applicant of the Monash Global Executive MBA program
- An Australian citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa, or permanent humanitarian visa.
Key selection criteria
Successful applicants for the Global Executive MBA Leadership scholarship will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Career trajectory – a review of the applicant’s career journey and achievements to date
- Career planning – a projection of the applicant’s professional career aspirations including highlights from an action plan to achieve these
- Contribution – the applicant’s ability to contribute to the advancement of professional women in their organisations and their communities
The scholarship application process is integrated into the three stages of application for admission to the Monash Global Executive MBA program: application, interview, and notification.
When completing the on-line application for admission to the Monash Global Executive MBA, applicants should upload a series of documents including a personal statement. Applicants who wish to be considered for this scholarship must also upload an additional statement – the scholarship application statement - to make their case for consideration for the Global Executive MBA Leadership scholarship.
This scholarship application statement must:
- Be labelled the “Global Executive MBA Leadership scholarship application”
- Address each of the three key criteria for the scholarship
- Be no more than 500 words
Scholarship applicants who progress to the interview stage for general admission to the Monash Global Executive MBA program will be invited to speak to their scholarship application in an extension of their admission interview.