Women in Leadership
Monash Business School is committed to supporting women in advancing their professional careers. We are delighted to offer the Global Executive MBA Women in Leadership sponsorship, which is awarded to encourage and support Australian professional women in their pursuit of an Executive MBA.
Sponsorships are limited in number and are valued at either $5,000 or $10,000.
To be eligible for this sponsorship, candidates must be:
- An applicant of the Monash Global Executive MBA Program
- A female Australian citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa, or permanent humanitarian visa.
Key selection criteria
Successful applicants for the Global Executive MBA Women in Leadership sponsorship will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Career trajectory – a review of the applicant’s career journey and achievements to date
- Career planning – a projection of the applicant’s professional career aspirations, including highlights from an action plan to achieve these
- Contribution – the applicant’s ability to contribute to the advancement of professional women in their organisations and their communities
The sponsorship application process is integrated into the three stages of application for admission to the Monash Global Executive MBA program: application, interview, and notification.
When completing the on-line application for admission to the Monash Global Executive MBA, applicants should upload a series of documents including a personal statement. Applicants who wish to be considered for this sponsorship must also upload an additional statement – the sponsorship application statement - to make their case for consideration for the Global Executive MBA Women in Leadership sponsorship.
This sponsorship application statement must:
- Be labelled the “Global Executive MBA Women in Leadership sponsorship application"
- Address each of the three key criteria for the sponsorship
- Be no more than 500 words
Sponsorship applicants who progress to the interview stage for general admission to the Monash Global Executive MBA program will be invited to speak to their sponsorship application in an extension of their admission interview.