Future Business Council
Overview and background
Monash Business School is committed to supporting innovative, sustainable and resilient businesses that define our future economy. We are delighted to introduce the MBA Future Business Council Scholarship, which is designed to encourage and support a future-focused Australian committed to the pursuit of an MBA.
This scholarship is awarded by the Monash Business School Leadership and Executive Education team School in recognition of our partnership with the Future Business Council (FBC) of Australia. The scholarship may be awarded to one MBA student per cohort; valued at up to $16,000.
The recipient of the Future Business Council Scholarship will be given the honour and responsibility of serving on the FBC Board. He/she will serve as a co-opted committee member during the first year of the MBA and as a shadow director in the second year of the MBA.
We are looking for someone who will demonstrate substantial leadership potential. Someone who can articulate a compelling vision of Australia as a global hub for business innovation that supports a sustainable and prosperous future.
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must be:
- an applicant of the Monash MBA Program in Australia
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa.
Key selection criteria
Successful applicants for the MBA Future Business Council scholarship will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Career trajectory - a reflection on the choices the applicant has made throughout their career thus far, which shows their understanding of Director and Board responsibilities and governance duties
- Career planning - a projection on the applicant’s aspirations for leadership in innovation and sustainability (e.g. specific roles and responsibilities), including highlights from an action plan to achieve this growth in leadership
- Contribution - a demonstration of the applicant’s commitment and ability to contribute to leadership in their organisations and their communities.
The scholarship application process is fully integrated within the three stages of application for admission to the Monash MBA Program: the application, interview, and notification stages.
When completing the on-line application for admission to the Monash MBA, applicants should upload a series of documents including a statement of purpose. Applicants who wish to be considered for this scholarship must also upload an additional statement - the scholarship application statement - to make their case for consideration for the MBA Future Business Council scholarship.
This scholarship application statement must:
- Be labelled the 'MBA Future Business Council Scholarship application'
- Address each of the three key criteria for the scholarship
- Be no more than 500 words.
Scholarship applicants who progress to the interview stage for general admission to the Monash MBA program will be invited to speak to their scholarship application in an extension of their admission interview.