LEE International Excellence in Leadership Scholarship
Overview and background
Monash Business School is committed to supporting professionals in advancing their professional careers. We are delighted to offer the LEE International Excellence in Leadership Scholarship which is designed to enhance the international diversity of leaders among the MBA cohort.
This scholarship is awarded by the Monash Business School Leadership and Executive Education (LEE) team. The scholarship may be awarded to up to two (2) MBA student per cohort; each scholarship is valued at up to $16,000.
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must be:
- an applicant of the Monash MBA Program
- an international applicant.
Key selection criteria
Successful applicants for the LEE International Excellence in Leadership Scholarship will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Career trajectory – a reflection on the choices the applicant has made throughout their career thus far
- Career planning – a projection on the applicant’s aspirations for career growth (e.g. specific roles and responsibilities) including highlights from an action plan to achieve this career growth
- Contribution – a demonstration of the applicant’s commitment to make positive contributions to the advancement of their organisation and community.
The scholarship application process is integrated into the three stages of application for admission to the Monash MBA program: application, interview, and notification.
When completing the on-line application for admission to the Monash MBA, applicants should upload a series of documents including a statement of purpose. Applicants who wish to be considered for this scholarship must also upload an additional statement – the scholarship application statement - to make their case for consideration for the LEE International Excellence in Leadership Scholarship.
This scholarship application statement must:
- Be labelled the ‘LEE International Excellence in Leadership Scholarship’
- Address each of the three key criteria for the scholarship
- Be no more than 500 words.
Scholarship applicants who progress to the interview stage for general admission to the Monash MBA program will be invited to speak to their scholarship application in an extension of their admission interview.