The Monash MBA Social Enterprise Scholarship
Overview and background
Monash Business School is committed to supporting professionals in social enterprises in advancing their careers. We are delighted to offer the MBA Social Enterprise scholarship, which is awarded to encourage and support Australian professionals in social enterprises in their pursuit of an MBA.
This scholarship is awarded by the Monash Business School Leadership and Executive Education team. This scholarship may be awarded to one MBA student per cohort; valued at up to $24,000.
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must be an applicant of the Monash MBA program.
Key selection criteria
Successful applicants for the MBA Social Enterprise Scholarship will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Career trajectory - a review of the applicant’s career journey and achievements to date
- Career planning - a projection of the applicant’s professional career aspirations, including highlights from an action plan to achieve these
- Contribution - a demonstration of the applicant’s commitment and ability to contribute to leadership in their organisations and their communities.
The scholarship application process is integrated into the three stages of application for admission to the Monash MBA program: application, interview, and notification.
When completing the on-line application for admission to the Monash MBA, applicants should upload a series of documents including a statement of purpose. Applicants who wish to be considered for this scholarship must also upload an additional statement - the scholarship application statement - to make their case for consideration for the MBA Social Enterprise scholarship.
This scholarship application statement must:
- Be labelled the ‘MBA Social Enterprise Scholarship application’
- Address each of the three key criteria for the scholarship
- Be limited to no more than 500 words.
Scholarship applicants who progress to the interview stage for general admission to the Monash MBA program will be invited to speak to their scholarship application in an extension of their admission interview.