The Monash MBA Sustainable Enterprise Scholarship
Overview and background
Monash Business School is committed to supporting leaders who explicit and demonstrative contributions to economic, environmental, and social sustainability. We are delighted to offer the MBA Sustainable Enterprise scholarship, which is awarded to students who have demonstrated career progression and articulated a compelling career plan that makes a genuine contribution to organisations committed to sustainability.
This scholarship is awarded by the Monash Business School Leadership and Executive Education team. The scholarship may be awarded to one MBA student per cohort; valued at up to $24,000.
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must be an applicant of the Monash MBA Program in Australia.
Key selection criteria
Successful applicants for MBA Sustainable Enterprise Scholarship will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Career trajectory - a reflection on the choices the applicant has made throughout their career thus far
- Career planning - a projection on the applicant’s aspirations for further growth (e.g. specific roles, responsibilities, and contributions) including highlights from an action plan to achieve growth in the contribution they can make
- Contribution - a demonstration of the applicant’s commitment and ability to contribute to leadership in their organisations and their communities.
The scholarship application process is integrated into the three stages of application for admission to the Monash MBA program: application, interview, and notification.
When completing the on-line application for admission to the Monash MBA, applicants should upload a series of documents including a statement of purpose. Applicants who wish to be considered for this scholarship must also upload an additional statement - the scholarship application statement - to make their case for consideration for the MBA Sustainable Enterprise Scholarship.
This scholarship application statement must:
- Be labelled the ‘MBA Sustainable Enterprise Scholarship Application’
- Address each of the three key criteria for this scholarship
- Be no more than 500 words.
Scholarship applicants who progress to the interview stage for general admission to the Monash MBA program will be invited to speak to their scholarship application in an extension of their admission interview.