Women in MBA (WiMBA) Scholarship
Overview and background
Monash Business School is committed to supporting women in advancing their professional careers. We have joined other leading Australian universities in establishing the Women in MBA (WiMBA) Scholarship.
This scholarship is jointly funded by the Leadership and Executive Education unit within Monash Business School and the student’s employing organisation. The scholarship is valued at up to $68,000, or a full fee waiver (e.g. $34,000 awarded by the employing organisation and matched by the Leadership and Executive Education unit).
As a recipient of the WiMBA scholarship, you will need to have demonstrated career progression and articulated a compelling career plan that makes a genuine contribution to the advancement of women in Australia’s corporate leadership.
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must:
- be an applicant of the Monash MBA Program
- be a female Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa
- be able to demonstrate the professional and financial support of your employer.
Key selection criteria
Successful applicants for WiMBA scholarship will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Career trajectory - a reflection on the choices the applicant has made throughout their career thus far
- Career planning - a projection of the applicant’s aspirations for career growth (e.g. specific roles and responsibilities), including highlights from an action plan to achieve this career growth
- Contribution - a demonstration of the applicant’s commitment and ability to contribute to leadership in their organisations and their communities.
The scholarship application process is integrated into the three stages of application for admission to the Monash MBA program: application, interview, and notification.
When completing the on-line application for admission to the Monash MBA, applicants should upload a series of documents including a statement of purpose. Applicants who wish to be considered for this scholarship must also upload an additional statement - the scholarship application statement - to make their case for consideration for the Women in MBA scholarship.
The scholarship application statement must:
- be named the ‘WiMBA Scholarship Application’
- be limited to no more than 500 words
- address each of the three key criteria for this scholarship (noted above).
The employer’s statement must:
- be labelled the ‘WiMBA Employer Support Statement’
- provide a clear and compelling explanation of the professional and career development plan agreed between the applicant and employer
- provide a commitment to a specific amount of financial support that the employer will provide the applicant up to $32,800 (to be matched by Monash).
Scholarship applicants who progress to the interview stage for general admission to the Monash MBA program will be invited to speak to their scholarship application in an extension of their admission interview.