The Monash MBA Australian Women in Leadership Scholarship
Overview and background
Monash Business School is committed to supporting women in advancing their professional careers. We are delighted to offer the MBA Australian Women in Leadership Scholarship, which is awarded to encourage and support Australian professional women in their pursuit of an MBA.
This scholarship is awarded by the Monash Business School Leadership and Executive Education team. The scholarship may be awarded to up to six MBA student per cohort; each scholarship is valued at up to $16,000.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be:
- an applicant of the Monash MBA Program in Australia
- a female Australian citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa.
Key selection criteria
Successful applicants for the MBA Australian Women in Leadership scholarship will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Career trajectory - a reflection on the choices the applicant has made throughout their career thus far
- Career planning - a projection on the applicant’s aspirations for career growth (e.g. specific roles and responsibilities) including highlights from an action plan to achieve this career growth
- Contribution - a demonstration of the applicant’s commitment and ability to contribute to leadership in their organisations and their communities.
The scholarship application process is integrated into the three stages of application for admission to the Monash MBA program: application, interview, and notification.
When completing the on-line application for admission to the Monash MBA, applicants should upload a series of documents including a statement of purpose. Applicants who wish to be considered for this scholarship must also upload an additional statement - the scholarship application statement - to make their case for consideration the MBA Australian Women in Leadership scholarship.
This scholarship application statement must:
- Be labelled the ‘MBA Australian Women in Leadership Scholarship Application'
- Address each of the three key criteria for the scholarship
- Be no more than 500 words.
Scholarship applicants who progress to the interview stage for general admission to the Monash MBA program will be invited to speak to their scholarship application in an extension of their admission interview.