The Monash MBA Leadership sponsorship is awarded to encourage and support Australian citizens and permanent residents with leadership capability in their pursuit of The Monash MBA.
Sponsorships are limited in number and are valued at either $5,000 or $10,000 for the two-year program.
To be eligible for this sponsorship, candidates must be:
- An applicant for The Monash MBA program; and
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa, or permanent humanitarian visa.
Key selection criteria
Successful applicants for a Monash MBA Leadership sponsorship will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Career trajectory - a review of the applicant’s career journey and achievements to date
- Career planning - a projection of the applicant’s professional career aspirations including highlights from an action plan to achieve these
- Contribution - a demonstration of the applicant’s commitment and ability to contribute to leadership in their organisations and their communities
The sponsorship application process is integrated into the three stages of application for admission to The Monash MBA program: application, interview, and notification.
When completing the on-line application for admission to The Monash MBA, applicants must upload a series of documents including a Statement of Purpose. Applicants who wish to be considered for a sponsorship must also upload an additional statement – the sponsorship application statement - to make their case for a Monash MBA Leadership sponsorship.
This sponsorship application statement must:
- Be labelled the “Monash MBA Leadership sponsorship application”
- Address each of the three key criteria for the sponsorship
- Be no more than 500 words
Sponsorship applicants who progress to the interview stage for general admission to The Monash MBA program will be invited to speak to their sponsorship application in an extension of their admission interview.
Alumni of Monash University are eligible for The Monash MBA Alumni sponsorship and should not apply for the Leadership sponsorship.