Prudential - Hong Kong: Finance Internship
- Organisation: Prudential Hong Kong
- Location: Hong Kong
- Number of places available: 2-4
- Relevant disciplines: Finance
- Position: Financial Planning Intern
- Starting date: Semester 2 and Summer A
- Duration: Minimum 6 weeks
About the organisation
The Prudential Assurance Company Limited (PAC) operates through two locally incorporated companies in Hong Kong: Prudential Hong Kong Limited (PHKL) and Prudential General Insurance Hong Kong Limited (PGHK), both wholly owned by PAC. PHKL offers a broad range of financial protection, health protection and retirement planning products, while PGHK is dedicated to delivering a wide range of general insurance and employee benefits for our customers.
About the internship
The core role is around working with clients to consult and assist them in financial planning. The intern will be provided with training in the first two weeks of their placement, after which he/she will be mentored by an experienced staff member. Typical activities will include:
- Meeting with clients to consult and provide advice on financial planning. The intern will be supported by the mentor.
- Develop a broad understanding of the business of Prudential Hong Kong Ltd.
- Assist with administrative tasks expected of an entry level professional in a professional setting
- Shadow and support the work of the mentor where relevant
- Participate in meetings and networking events where possible
- The internship may be adapted by the supervisor to suit the needs and interests of the intern.
Business student majoring in Finance preferred. May suit residents of Hong Kong or China.