Navigating your way through university and into the working world can be a challenge at times. By getting guidance from someone who’s walked a similar path, you’ll feel better equipped to make your next move.
Business School mentoring program
Mentoring is a collaborative learning relationship where both parties share mutual responsibility and accountability. The goal being to help the mentee work towards the fulfilment of clear and agreed goals. This happens through a series of time-limited, confidential, one-on-one conversations and other learning activities with a mentor.
The Monash Business School mentors come from a variety of private, public sector and not-for-profit organisations and have management and leadership experience. Many mentors are Monash alumni who have had a similar Monash experience as you and all are dedicated industry professionals who have volunteered to support future entrants into their industry.
As a mentee, you will be individually matched with a mentor appropriate to your professional goals and academic pursuits. Over the course of 12 weeks, you will meet weekly with your mentor. This opportunity will enable you to learn strategies for success in a supportive environment.
Shape your future
- Create a professional and career focussed outlook that develops your employability skills
- Gain insight into specific industry sectors
- Establish or grow your professional network
- Gain confidence in the context of professional relationships and settings
- Gain career clarity including the path to help you transition into your chosen field
How to apply and important dates
- Duration of the program is 12 weeks and runs in both semesters
- Eligible students will be invited to apply as a mentee
- At the start of the program you will undertake a compulsory mentee training session
- At the launching the relationship event you will meet your mentor
- The program concludes with a thank you function where you will have the opportunity to thank your mentor formally, meet other mentees and their mentors, and hear how their mentoring relationships developed within the program
Calling all Mentors!
If you have any questions please contact the Graduate Development team