Navigating your way through university and into the working world can be a challenge at times. By getting guidance from someone who’s walked a similar path, you’ll feel better equipped to make your next move.
Business School Mentoring program
As part of our support for our students’ career paths, we offer a Mentoring Program. This professional and career-focused program will give you an opportunity to receive guidance and support to assist with professional skills and career advice. It will also facilitate your personal and professional growth by increasing your access to an experienced mentor.
We collaborate with Organisations That Matter, a management consulting and training firm, to conduct the Mentoring Program Workshops which are designed to train both mentors and mentees to ensure that the mentoring experience is a positive and beneficial one.
As a mentee, you will be individually matched with a mentor appropriate to your professional goals and academic pursuits. Over the course of six months, you will meet with your mentor. This opportunity will enable you to learn strategies for success in a supportive environment.
Shape your future
- This is a professional and career-focused program
- Mentees are 3rd/4th year and graduate students (credit average and above)
- We aim to support the transition from study to work
- Please meet a minimum of three to four occasions throughout the program
How to apply and important dates
- The 2017 program has concluded
- Duration of the program is 6 months
- Applications will open in early 2018 - students will receive an invitation email
- At the start of the program you will undertake a compulsory Mentee Training session
- Your mentor will also undertake a Mentor Training Webinar session
- At the Launching the Relationship event you will meet your mentor
- The program concludes with a Thank you function where you will have the opportunity to thank your mentor formally, meet other mentees and their mentors, and hear how their mentoring relationships developed within the program.
Are you a professional interested in helping shape the future of our students? For more information and an application form, please contact the Student Experience team.