Get feedback on your resume, learn how to write a great cover letter, and hone your skills at an in-person practice interview.
Our work-ready program runs in September each year, exclusive to final year undergraduate and graduate students. Here’s how to get started …
- Take your current resume to a Career Connect Drop-In session for feedback, or
- Submit your current resume online for feedback.
Based on the feedback, choose at least two of the following workshops – the ones you feel you’d benefit from most:
For Clayton Students - Semester 1
- Advanced resume writing (Wed 28 Mch – wk 5)
- Addressing key selection criteria (Wed 4 Apr – wk 6)
- Writing an effective cover letter (Wed 11 Apr – wk 7)
- Great interviews using the S.T.A.R. strategy (Wed 2 May – wk 11)
- Introduction to mock interviews (Wed 9 May)
For Caulfield Students - Semester 2
- Advanced resume writing (Thurs 23 Aug – wk 5)
- Addressing key selection criteria (Thurs 30 Aug – wk 6)
- Writing an effective cover letter (Thurs 6 Sept – wk 7)
- Great interviews using the S.T.A.R. strategy (Thurs 4 Oct – wk 10)
- Introduction to mock interviews (Thurs 11 Oct)
Next, we’ll email you an invitation to a mock interview with an industry partner. It’s an opportunity to practice your skills, get comfortable in an interview setting and receive valuable feedback on your performance.
- Semester 1, Clayton Mock Interviews are held on Thursday 17th May
- Semester 2, Caulfield Mock Interviews are held on Thursday 25th October