Get feedback on your resume, learn how to write a great cover letter, and hone your skills at an in-person practice interview.
Our work-ready program runs in September each year, exclusive to final year undergraduate and graduate students. Here’s how to get started …
- Take your current resume to a Career Connect Drop-In session for feedback, or
- Submit your current resume online for feedback.
Based on the feedback, choose at least two of the following workshops – the ones you feel you’d benefit from most:
- Advanced resume writing (Aug – wk 2)
- Addressing key selection criteria (Aug – wk 3)
- Writing an effective cover letter (Aug – wk 4)
- Great interviews using the S.T.A.R. strategy (Aug – wk 5)
- Introduction to mock interviews (early Sept)
Next, we’ll email you an invitation to a mock interview with an industry partner. It’s an opportunity to practice your skills, get comfortable in an interview setting and receive valuable feedback on your performance.
- Mock interviews are held on Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 September (during the mid-semester break) at the Caulfield campus.
- The interview is for 15 minutes with 5 minutes for feedback.
- We’ll email you all the finer details.