An internship is a work placement in a host organisation. They provide you with the opportunity to enhance employability skills and gain relevant industry experience. You can do your internship in Australia or overseas.
Specifically, internships allow you to:
- learn more about a field or industry
- gain valuable work experience
- identify suitable career paths
- increase industry networks
- obtain references for future job opportunities
- develop, build and showcase professional and personal skills.
Application and approval
It is important to follow the application and approval process when applying for internship opportunities.