Monash Business School Global Study Program Applications
|Monash Study Period||Winter (July)||Summer (December, January and February)|
|Applications Close||April 1||September 1|
|Assessment Timeframe||20 working days||20 working days|
What is a Global Study program?
- A Global Study Program is short term study that you can take part in at host institution overseas.
- Global Study Programs available in either the Monash Summer term (December-February) or Winter term (June-July).
- Global Study Programs are usually worth between 6 and 12 credit points, but due to time constraints students can only complete the equivalent of 6 credit points over the Winter term
- Most programs are Study Abroad (students pay the host directly) but we do have a limited number of exchange opportunities
Where can I go to do a Global Study Program?
- London School of Economics (Please note, for LSE Summer School only Session 2 courses will be approved due to timing)
- Explore and find you own Summer or Winter Global Study opportunity
What can I Study as a Global Study Program?
- Global Study Program units must relate to your course and fit with your course requirements
- Academic content: the program must be substantial in duration, content and assessment in order to provide at least 6 credits at a similar level expected at Monash University
- In some countries, such as China, you may be required to complete 2 Global Study Program courses to be equivalent to 6 Monash University credit points, unless Monash University has a specific agreement with this institution
- Most commonly, students gain credit for elective units for Global Study Programs
- In limited circumstances, students can undertake a Global Study Program for credit toward a major unit. Requirements include the Global Study Program unit being equivalent to 6 credit points and subject to a Faculty of Business and Economics credit assessment.
- Global Study Programs will not be approved if they are occurring during exam or semester periods
What are the eligibility requirements to submit an application?
- 60+ WAM at time of application
- 48 credits achieved at time of application
- You may also be required to meet additional faculty and host/partner eligibility requirements