Orientation for international research students
These orientation sessions aim to introduce you to your campus, the facilities, support services, staff and other students.
International student orientation
As a research new student, you must attend one of these compulsory information sessions.
The topics covered include:
- accommodation and living in Melbourne
- Australian culture
- money and tax matters
- overseas health cover
- support services for students with families in Australia
- services and facilities on campus
- research student support networks
- travelling around Melbourne
- visas, regulations and work rights.
Details and registration
You need to register that you will attend a session. Sessions are open to students from any campus. Click on the session date to register.
If you are unable to attend any of the listed sessions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monash Graduate Association (MGA)
See research postgraduates for support and advice.