Terms and conditions for career events
Monash University Employability Expo 2018
Exhibitor terms and conditions
These terms and conditions constitute an agreement between Monash University ABN 12 377 614 012 (Organiser) and the person or organisation agreeing to exhibit (Exhibitor) at the Monash University Employability Expo 2018 (Expo). By participating in the Expo, the Exhibitor agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- Participation in the Expo by the Exhibitor is subject to:
- the acceptance of the Exhibitor by the Organiser at its complete discretion; and
- the Exhibitor completing the registration process.
If the Exhibitor is accepted, acceptance will be expressly confirmed in writing by the Organiser following receipt of the fully completed booking form (Booking).
- On confirmation, the Organiser will send a secure link for payment of the Booking fees (Fee). If the Exhibitor requests an invoice for the Fee, the Organiser will provide such invoice and the Exhibitor must make payment of the Fee in accordance with this invoice and in any case before February 9, 2018.
- Full payment must be made by February 9, 2018 (unless otherwise advised in writing by the Organiser). If the Exhibitor fails to make full payment of the Fee by February 9, 2018 (unless otherwise advised in writing by the Organiser), the Organiser reserves the right to make the stand space available to other exhibitors. The Exhibitor must not occupy stand space at the Expo until all monies owing to Organiser have been fully paid.
- Following acceptance of the Booking and receipt of the Fee, the Organiser will issue the Exhibitor an allocated area to set up its stand at the Expo. The location will be at the Organiser's sole discretion.
- The Exhibitor agrees to staff and continually keep its stand open throughout the course of the Expo.
- The Exhibitor must ensure that its stand does not contain more than four Exhibitor representatives. A request for additional representatives being present will be considered upon written request.
- Any plans or request by the Exhibitor to erect its own customised stand in the space allocated to it must be submitted to the Organiser for approval by no later than 8 weeks prior to the Expo. Additional charges may apply for custom stands. No custom stands can be erected without prior written approval from the Organiser. All custom stands are the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor.
- The Exhibitor must ensure that any third party contractors engaged by the Exhibitor to erect a custom stand or alter a standard stand at the venue (upon approval by the Organiser):
- complies with all directions and requirements of the Organiser at all times;
- upon request, provides the Organiser with evidence of sufficient public liability insurance and occupational health and safety documentation; and
- commences erecting the stand at a time allocated by the Organiser
- Whilst in no way limiting anything in clause 30 herein, the Exhibitor indemnifies the Organiser for any loss or damage the Organiser suffers due to the acts or omissions of any third party or contractor engaged by the Exhibitor at the venue for any purpose during the Expo.
- The Exhibitor must not cause any obstruction to other exhibitors or public space at the venue, or modify their stand and/or floor, or set up machinery on their stand without prior consultation and approval from the Organiser. This includes, but is not limited to, the installation of coffee machines, popcorn machines or other food preparation devices.
- The Exhibitor must ensure that its activities, furniture, promotional material and signage do not interfere with the good order and safety of the Expo or with any other exhibitor. Furniture and promotional material must be contained within the space allocated to the Exhibitor. Aisles and public spaces must be kept clear. The Organiser reserves the right to take the appropriate action to enforce this requirement including, but not limited to, the removal of any signage, furniture or promotional materials.
- The Exhibitor must confine its activities to the space allotted to it by the Organiser. The Exhibitor is not permitted to distribute promotional material or promote its organisation anywhere other than from its own stand. This includes venue aisles and external areas of the Expo venue. It is the responsibility of the Exhibitor to ensure that they are compliant. The Organiser reserves the right to take the appropriate action to enforce this requirement.
- The Exhibitor must not pack up its stand partially or totally before closing time on the day of the Expo. The Exhibitor must not leave any goods or promotional material on its stand after 5pm March 8 2018.
- The Exhibitor is only permitted to exhibit its own products or services at the Expo.
- Trolleys are not permitted in the venue whilst the Expo is open. Goods must be hand carried to the Exhibitor's stand whilst the Expo is open. Restocking of goods using trolleys must be done before the Expo opens or after closing.
- The Exhibitor may request that the Organiser allocate a seminar at a particular time during the Expo. The Exhibitor accepts that seminars are at all times subject to availability and will be allocated at the Organiser's discretion.
- The Exhibitor is responsible for safety and security of its products and stand. Material on its stand must not be left unattended at any time during the Expo. Goods are left on the Exhibitor's stand and/or Exhibitor storage area at the Exhibitor's own risk.
- It is the responsibility of the Exhibitor to leave the stand space clean and tidy. The Organiser reserves the right to charge an additional fee to the Exhibitor for the reasonable costs of any cleaning or removal of items left by the Exhibitor.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend the dates for holding the Expo. Organisers will not be responsible for any loss occasioned thereby. The Organisers also reserve the right to close the Expo or vary its hours.
- The Organisers reserve the right to determine, amend or alter the location of the Exhibitor's stand and the Exhibitor undertakes to agree to such terms.
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission or eject the Exhibitor or its representatives from the Expo due to (but not limited to):
- failure to comply with these terms and conditions; or
- representing a security risk, nuisance or in any way interfering with the operation or integrity of the Expo.
- Exhibitors shall comply with all State and Commonwealth regulations and legal requirements as well as any rules of the venue.
- The Organiser may refuse or delay registrations of organisations which currently have unpaid accounts owing to the Organiser.
- The Exhibitor agrees that the Organiser may use information (except contact details) from the Exhibitor's registration form to publicise the Exhibitor's participation in the Expo. The University may edit details to fit available space in publicity materials.
- The University may provide your organisation and contact details to other parts of the University for survey and/or marketing purposes. For information regarding the handling of personal information refer to our Collection of Personal Information guidelines.
- To cancel your registration, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org. A full refund will be issued if cancellation is made by 9 February 2018. If cancellation is made after this date, a refund shall not be issued.
- No stands may be sublet without the prior written consent of the Organiser.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria. Any legal action arising from it shall be litigated in the appropriate court of that State.
- The Exhibitor indemnifies and holds harmless the Organiser, its employees, agents, contractors and sub-contractors from any claim, cost, demand, liability or damage (including legal costs, professional costs and other expenses on a full indemnity basis) incurred by the Organiser, its employees, agents, contractors and sub-contractors arising out of or in connection with (but not limited to):
- any breach of these terms and conditions by the Exhibitor;
- the Exhibitor's use and attendance at the Expo;
- any injury or damage sustained due to any act or omission of the Exhibitor; or
- any damage to the Expo venue or any goods located at the Venue
- To the extent permitted by law neither the Organiser nor its employees, agents, contractors or sub-contractors will be liable to the Exhibitor for any loss or damage (including any consequential loss) arising out of the Exhibitor's participation in the Expo.
- In the event that any additional provisions are implied into these terms and conditions by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 or any other law or regulation in force throughout Australia from time to time including but not limited to guarantees, warranties, conditions and obligations on the Organiser, to the extent permitted by law the Organiser's liability will be limited to providing, at the Organiser's discretion, a replacement of the services provided to the Exhibitor (where possible) or payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied again.
Cancellation and refund policy
To cancel your registration, you must email email@example.com. A full refund will be issued if cancellation is made by 9 February 2018. If cancellation is made after this date, a refund shall not be issued.