International Student Childcare Rebate
If you’re a current international student at Monash University, you may be eligible for university funded primary school childcare.
Camp Australia Vacation Care Program
Camp Australia's Vacation Care Program is a great way to keep your children entertained and engaged during the school holidays.
You may be eligible to claim a rebate for these services provided by Camp Australia at Monash University Clayton campus.
Check your eligibility
To be eligible for the rebate, make sure:
- you are a current international student at Monash University
- your child is within the age of 5 – 12 years
You are not eligible if you are:
- an international student who is eligible to receive Federal Government Funded Child Care Subsidy (effective July 2)
- an international student on an Australia Awards or Endeavour Award scholarship
- an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- a Monash College student.
How the rebate works
For each of your children aged between 5-12 years, you will receive 50% of the daily rate. This is capped at two days a week for each child.
- Bookings and full payment should be made directly to Camp Australia before claiming the rebate.
- Apply online for the rebate.
- Attach a copy of your receipt of payment to Camp Australia and submit your application before the deadline (see below).
Your reimbursement payment will be deposited directly into your nominated bank account.
The school holiday financial relief program is a pilot program at this stage, with no guarantee that the funding will be available on an ongoing basis.
Deadlines for claims
Make sure you submit your claim before the deadline for each holiday period.
- July school holidays: Monday 20 August
- September school holidays: Friday 9 November
Contact for enquiries
Monash International Student Engagement
Phone: 9905 6267