You are expected to have up-to-date copies of all required work permits according to State and Federal law for the work you are contracted to do. In addition, you may require an additional work permit from Monash University for some jobs. We also offer parking permits for contractors wanting to park on campus.

Skip to Work Permit Request Form.

You are also required to complete a Safe Work Method Statement.

Work permits

You must obtain a permit to work from your Monash supervisor if you are carrying out work that involves:

  • Hot work (defined as cutting, grinding, welding or any other activity, which creates heat or sparks)
  • Work requiring roof access
  • Work in a confined space, or
  • Excavation work

You must obtain the appropriate government authority permits for working on a total fire ban day.

To request a permit, please fill in the Work Permit Request Form. A Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is required for all work and submitted at the same time as requesting specific permits. A minimum of 3 working days' notice is required to obtain a permit in most cases unless it's deemed emergency works.

You are also reminded to also review our Safety Guidelines on the Safety page.

Request a permit

To submit a permit, please use the submission form located here.

If you are experiencing difficulties in uploading documents on the permit form, you may alternatively send them to