Monash University with Chemistry Australia and industry Network members aim to:
- Exploit new global market opportunities through C&P innovation: Implement R&D technology exploration (products / manufacturing processes) through applied innovation (demonstration) projects.
- Drive workforce skills in the C&P industry to remain ahead of innovation challenges and opportunities.
- Collaborate to foster (attract, train and retain) skilled professionals to undertake innovation within the C&P sector.
- Share and transfer knowledge and skills for C&P innovation best practice, from local to international perspectives.
- Establish a framework model that can be replicated across many industries and scaled up. It is an industry-aligned, structured approach for genuine industry innovation with government backing and R&D sector collaboration.
The vision of the Network is:
"To create a framework for transformative growth in the Australian C&P industry by cultivating global innovation best practice and leveraging top Australian talent for a profitable and sustainable future (economic prosperity, productivity and employment)."
Outputs of the C&P Manufacturing Innovation Network
- Knowledge exchange on innovation (training, education, up-skilling of staff, recruitment of new talent);
- Collaboration on innovation best practice and relationships with the R&D sector (including demo projects with Monash University); and
- New market opportunities through innovation (new IP for products or processes) i.e. increased revenue and job creation.
Impact on the C&P Network industry members within 3-5 years
- Diversified portfolios for export markets with innovation strategy (competitive new or improved products/processes);
- Increased revenue streams and innovation systems improved/introduced (competitive new or improved products/processes); and
- Up-skilled workforce (innovation skills and new roles focused on innovation).