A variety of scholarships are available to support PhD student tuition and living expenses: University wide scholarships, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences scholarships .
- Applicants are considered for all relevant scholarships (and for admission to the program) based on a single application (see How to Apply).
- Domestic (Australian and New Zealand) students do not need to pay any tuition so only need a stipend scholarship (to cover living expenses).
- International students (except New Zealanders) need to pay tuition, so typically require both a stipend scholarship (to cover living expenses) and a tuition scholarship.
- We encourage students to apply independently for external scholarships, e.g. from funding agencies in your home country for international students.
- Applicants are notified of scholarship outcomes in early December (round 1) or early July (round 2).
Please note that if you are offered a scholarship you are required to enrol and take up the award by the preferred commencement date set by the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences.