Gras lab news
Behind every treatment that improves human health is a story of discovery. Every day we make new research discoveries and forge partnerships that have a global impact. Read about some of these here.
News and outreach highlights
Associate Professor Stephanie Gras’ ground-breaking research has featured in many outlets, and she is willing to speak to the media about her field of expertise. Here are some highlights:
About Associate Professor Gras’ work:
- Funding allows researchers to uncover the secrets of COVID-19 immunity A/Prof Gras is part of a team of researchers who have received federal funding to help determine how long immunity lasts in people who've recovered from COVID-19.
- A “super” receptor that helps kill HIV infected cells: read about A/Prof Gras and her team’s findings published in Science Immunology. Monash BDI News, June 2018
- Building a better flu vaccine, Lens, November 2017
- Australian flu research raises hopes for universally effective vaccine: listen to Stephanie explain her research looking into producing a flu vaccine with lifelong immunity against all strains of flu. This was covered on ABC PM radio in March 2016 and ABC Weekend Breakfast TV in April 2016
Recognition, awards, outreach and funding:
- Raising funds for mental health: RUOK day. Monash BDI News, September 2019
- Day of Immunology at the Monash BDI, May 2019
- Monash BDI’s Day of Immunology: Tours, talks and trivia, May 2018
- International Women’s Day at Monash BDI a thought provoker, February 2018
- Sweet success for Monash scientist, A/Prof Gras receives the Georgina Sweet Award for Women in Quantitative Biomedical Science for excellence in the field. October 2017
- Monash BDI researchers speak at Melbourne Knowledge Week, June 2017
Monash BDI news
With 700 researchers making incredible discoveries daily, Monash BDI has many success stories to share.