- Why female coaches matter: The importance of increasing female coaches in sport
- 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Monash University
19 Ancora Imparo Way, Clayton VIC 3800 (View on google maps)
- Open to:
This seminar will begin to unpack some of the challenges and opportunities of increasing the number of women involved in sports coaching and will explore why having female coaches is important in all levels of sport within Australia.
- Julia Hay (Health and PE teacher at Monash Education) will discuss the findings of a recent research project examining the experiences of female coaches volunteering in junior football leagues within Melbourne.
- Penny Cula-Reid (trailblazer of the female game of football and current Collingwood VFLW Head Coach) will reflect on her own experiences of coaching.
- Larissa Anderson (Women's National Basketball League Coach) will be talking about her coaching experience in basketball and why female coaches are important.
This seminar is supported by ACHPER Victoria.
- Light refreshments upon arrival
- Seminar commences
This is a past event and registrations are now closed.
Please see our other upcoming events.